Friday, July 4, 2008

Playdough

I admit that Zoey doesnt have lots of toys. Call me a stingy mom, I dun mind. * In fact, I agree .. LOL *. I dun really like buying her toys, cause hey, children's toys are not cheap, ok??!. Furthermore, I hate to think all those toys will pile up and I dunno where I would store all those stuffs.
Most of her toys are given, gifts over her first birthday from her friends. If not, I could guarantee that she has nearly nothing. kakakakak..

Well, yes, of course I bought her something too. Am stingy-but not thaattt stingy!. I buy some affordable toys, (this means around 10usd toy-the most). More than that, I usually will just put the toys back in the shop rack.. :)
I believe the best thing happen for your kids are not the expensive toys, but it's the parents around them. Toys won't subtitute that. I dun say, we can't buy toys for our children. Sure we can, but also ensure that we have the quality time with them.
BTW, dun you notice eventhough our kids have many nice toys *at least that's what we think*, most of the time they dun want to play with it? They would rather to play with junks, etc: empty can, spoon, fork, en stuffs other than their expensive toys? * see ? you know what I mean *
Ok, nuff with the rambling (back to the real topic!)
Yesterday, I tried to make something together with her. I wanted to play -play dough- with her, and as u would know where the story goes, She doesnt have play dough. Therefore, I decided to make the playdough myself. Just for you to know, there are many different type of playdough that you could choose for making your own. Could be a cooked or non cooked. This time i choose the non cooked saltdough.

If you want to make also, here's the ingredients u need to prepare:

Salt Dough
1 cup salt
1 1/4 cup water
3 cups flour

1. Dissolve salt in water.


2. Stir in the flour, one cup at a time, until it is nice and soft.


3. You can shape it or cut it out with cookie cutters. Bake at 200 degrees until hard.

my helper, thao

my guard, tuoc

my baby busy with the cookie cutter

here's some of the finish result before bake

this is the result after bake


4. Paint with regular acrylics. (I used the waterpaint)

Zoe's seriously painting


the end result, after painting (not too bad, eh?)


Note: This recipe is great for Christmas ornaments and magnets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... looks delicious. Ever consider setting up shop for her???

Unknown said...

bener bener dah! satu kampung melu dolanan yo? hehe